Talk Money Week: income maximisation
Today’s topic as part of talk money week is maximising your income through benefits you may be eligible for.
The benefits system in the UK is constantly changing. The Scottish Government has also introduced a number of new benefits including:
- Increasing the Carer’s Allowance and introducing a Young Carer Grant and a payment for carers of more than one disabled child
- Improving benefits for disabled people and people with ill health
- The Best Start Grant to increase support for low-income families with young children
- The Funeral Expense Assistance to provide critical financial support
- Help with heating costs and extending the Winter Fuel Payment to families with severely disabled children
- Supporting young people make the transition into work through the Job Start Payment
If you are on a low income, even if you are working, it’s worth checking to see if you can claim any additional benefits.
If you want a confidential chat to see if you may qualify, please call our specialist team on 0300 123 2640.Back to News & events