As a company we continue to closely monitor developments with respect to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), taking guidance from the Scottish Government and other public health organisations. We have been taking steps to ensure the safety, welfare and wellness of our employees including eliminating working in close proximity with each other, reviewing business continuity plans, prudently evaluating the need and attendance at group gatherings and working to implement visitor guidelines for those coming back to our locations when the time arrives. External communication to our tenants, suppliers and third party contractors is under daily review in line with our Business Continuity Plans.
Whilst we already have strict hygiene practices in operation, we have taken steps to update employees on advice from the government and reinforce preventative measures in order to limit the risk of transmission. Focus has been very much upon ensuring close attention is paid to good hand hygiene practices and the exposure to anyone displaying symptoms of Coronavirus. All staff that have been advised by a medical professional to self-isolate have been instructed to notify their Line Manager through their normal reporting channels.
Our ongoing responsibility for the health and well being of our staff, including our continued responsibility to undertake corporate wide risk assessments in line with being a COVID-19 Secure Employer, does not take anything away from our commitment to providing the superior service and support that our tenants and also the individuals within our care division have come to expect and we look to continue working closely with our stakeholders to minimise any potential disruption to continuity of service.
We realise this current situation remains very dynamic and we are constantly evaluating it and monitoring any potential knock on effects to our services and housing provision and will try to mitigate via alternative plans where necessary.
The priority for Hillcrest during the coronavirus outbreak is to do everything we can to keep our residents, those in care and our staff safe. Here are some measures that we have implemented to lower risk:
- Hygiene practices and information about increased hygiene has been implemented across all Hillcrest workplaces.
- Non-essential travel has been limited.
- Only emergency contractors are permitted on site and anyone permitted to attend our locations will have their actions assessed.
- Employees have been given information to assist them identify symptoms.
- Employees have also been advised of the steps to be carried out if themselves, a household member, or someone they are close to, contracts the virus.
- Additional training has been, and is being carried out across the business to ensure we can continue critical activities from maintenance to care, safely.
- Employees are being asked to work remotely where possible.
You can find our most recent organisation risk assessments below: