People experience drug and alcohol addiction for many reasons……
Coping mechanism for trauma, loss, poor mental health and other difficulties in life can all contribute to drug and alcohol addiction.
We provides services to people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol as well as support for their families. We recognise that people need different support at different times and we provide a range of services to help people at whatever stage they are at. This includes harm reduction as well as recovery services.
We offer a range of interventions:
- One-to-one support;
- Mutual aid (including SMART and SMART Families);
- Recovery activities and group;
- Harm reduction advice;
- Overdose prevention and naloxone distribution;
- Blood Borne Virus testing and treatment;and
- Sexual health information and screening.
We understand the value of lived experience of addiction and recovery and encourage people with lived experience to get involved – from mutual aid to peer volunteers.