Cost of living crisis: what are we doing to support tenants?
We have two teams who can help tenants with money, benefits and energy issues.
The Tenancy Sustainment Service (TSS) can help by checking tenants’ incomes and situations to see if they can access any benefits, grants, charitable funds and other sources of support. Last year they generated over £1.75 Million pounds of unclaimed money for Hillcrest tenants.
Many tenants are not aware of what they can claim and/or are not claiming the right amount of benefits that they are entitled to.
In addition this team can help with other money issues such as budgeting and accessing lower cost products.
Hillcrest Energy Advice Team (HEAT) can help with all of the following and more:
- How to make best use of heating and hot water systems to get the most heat for the least amount of money
- How to get the best deal from suppliers to get gas and electricity at the cheapest rate
- Provide information on Warm Home Discounts, Winter Fuel Allowances and any other schemes that can help tenants
- Debt management on any fuel debts, budgeting and can speak to fuel suppliers on tenants behalf
- Dampness and condensation – they can advise on moisture control in the home
- Reduce household energy consumption – they can give hints and tips on saving energy in the home and can advise you on local grants and advice initiatives.
In addition to these services HEAT often receives short-term funding for specific projects, and can provide goods and services tailored to tenants individual needs, for example a shower if there is not one already in the property.
HEAT generated over £500,000 pounds of financial savings for tenants last year.
If you would like to access either of these services you can make a self-referral via the MyHillcrest app or phone 0300 123 2640.Back to News & events