Do you currently get help with your rent through Universal Credit?

Posted: 30th March 2021

If so, you need to update your account with your new rent amount on April 1st.

Below is an example of the “to do” which you will need to complete to ensure that your housing costs (rent) continue to be included in your UC claim.

Log into your account on Thursday 1st April and change your rent to the amount that is on your rent increase letter. If you need more help updating your Universal Credit account, contact our specialist team through the MyHillcrest app, or by phoning 0300 123 2640.

Back to News & events