Are you struggling with isolation or poor mental health?
The results from our Covid-19 survey showed us that many of you have felt socially isolated or struggled with your mental health during the pandemic, so we wanted to highlight two national charities that can help.
Silver Line is dedicated to tackling loneliness amongst older people. They offer a range of services to anyone over the age of 50:
– Telephone Friendship. Weekly calls from friendly and supportive volunteers known as Silver Line Friends. Friendships are carefully matched and many last for years.
– Group Friendships (Silver Circles). Regular, friendly, group telephone calls which enable up to eight people to talk with each other via telephone from the comfort of their home. Calls are free for those taking part.
– Silver Connects. Signposting and advocacy services, empowering older people to take a more active role in local communities.
– Silver Line. A confidential, free helpline for older people that’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. They are happy for people to just ring them for a chat.
You can find out more at www.thesilverline.org.uk or call 0800 470 80 90.
Each year one in four of us will experience a mental health problem. Mind provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem, and they provide lots of good information:
– Infoline, which offers callers confidential help for the price of a local call.
– Legal Line, which provides information on mental health related law to the public, service users, family members/carers etc.
– Award winning information
You can find out more at www.mind.org.uk or call the Mind Info Line 0300 123 3393Back to News & events