As a large and diverse organisation, the Hillcrest Group of Companies procures the services of a wide range of external suppliers and contractors.
To ensure fair competition, value for money, clear audit trails and the highest levels of financial probity, our procurement procedures reflect current best practice and follow closely the Scottish Government’s “Procurement Journey”.
Key objectives in undertaking a procurement process are to:
- evidence openness and transparency in our business activities;
- manage the risks associated with the purchase of goods, services or works;
- support sustainable procurement;
- encourage competition; and
- provide best value for the organisation.
In our approach to the procurement of services we:
- aim to achieve best value in the procurement of all works, services and supplies;
- recognise that lowest cost will not necessarily always represent best value or ensure effective management of risk in the longer term;
- ensure probity, quality and value for money;
- ensure that our procurement activity closely follows the principles and practices within the Scottish Government’s “Procurement Journey”;
- meet the current legislative requirements arising from a number of EU procurement regulations as well as those provisions contained within the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014;
- facilitate the participation of small and medium enterprises (SMEs);
- be open, transparent, accountable and proportionate;
- ensure that the procurement of all works, goods and services will adhere with our Equality & Diversity Policy;
- ensure that risk to the Hillcrest Group is appropriately assessed prior to issue of any order to procure works, goods and services and in the evaluation of bids; and
- ensure that the authority to procure works, goods and services is in place prior to procurement being undertaken.
Email email@example.com to find out about our procurement procedures and how to work with us.